Statewide Online Education Program
Welcome to Statewide Online Education Program
Important Information: Students must enroll on the Student Enrollment, Approval and Tracking System (SEATS) website and on the provider's website to gain access to the student dashboard and course work.
How to Register for a SEATS Account.
How to Register for Classes on SEATS.
SOEP and a Busy Schedule
SOEP as an Alternative
SOEP For Rural Students
SOEP was established by the Utah Legislature in the 2011 General Session. This program enables eligible students to earn middle school and high school graduation credit through the completion of publicly funded online courses.
The purpose of SOEP is to:
- Provide students with access to online learning regardless of where students attend school
- Provide high quality learning options for students regardless of language, residence, family income, or special needs.
- Provide online learning options to allow students to acquire the knowledge and technology skills necessary in a digital world.
- Utilize the power and scalability of technology to customize education so that students may learn in their own style preference and at their own pace.
- Utilize technology to remove the constraints of traditional classroom learning, allowing students to access learning virtually at any time, and in any place, and give students the flexibility to take advantage of their peak learning time.
- Provide personalized learning where students can spend as little or as much time as they need to master the material.
- Provide greater access to self-paced programs enabling high-achieving students to accelerate academically, while struggling students may have additional time and help to gain competency.
- Allow students to customize their schedule to better meet their academic goals.
- Provide quality learning options to better prepare students for post-secondary education and vocational or career opportunities.
- Allow students to have an individualized educational experience.