Career and Technical Education provides all students access to high-quality, rigorous career-focused programs that result in attainment of credentials with labor market value.
Utah CTE At-A-Glance
2016-2017 At-A Glance Flyer
- 160,054 Students Enrolled in CTE Courses
- 95% Graduation Rate for Students who are CTE Concentrators
- 105,691 CTE Skill Certificates Awarded
- 109 Students Received CTE Scholarship and Tuition Award
- 17,966 Industry-Recognized Certifications Earned through the Microsoft Imagine Academy and Certiport Partnership
Utah CTE Video Contest
Contest Flyer | Contest Guidelines and Instructions
- Who: The contest is open to secondary CTE students. Students can enter individually or as a group.
- What: Create a short video (45 to 90 seconds) highlighting what you are learning in your CTE classes, CTSOs, work-based learning experiences, CTE Internship, or in CTE concurrent enrollment classes.
- When: Entries accepted now through Monday, Monday, March 4, 2019.
- Why: Videos will be featured on the Utah CTE webpage and via social media to promote CTE programs throughout Utah.
- How: Upload your video to YouTube and submit the URL to UtahCTE@schools.utah.gov.
- Prize: First place $300. Second place $125. Third place $75.
- Entries Due: Monday, March 4, 2019. Winners will be announced Monday, April 8, 2019.
CTE Directions Newsletter
The CTE Directions newsletter is distributed via an automatic Utah Education Network (UEN) mailing service. To subscribe, select the appropriate link below and follow sign-up instructions:
CTE Success Stories
“The CTE classes I have taken have helped me decide that I want to pursue a career in construction. Because of my construction class I have learned so many valuable skills in building and interacting with others. The class also helped me get concurrent enrollment [credit] to help me get my degree faster. I love to work with my hands and my mind. The thrill of when a project comes together is the best feeling I have ever had.” — Jeb Price
What Students Are Saying about CTE?
What Is Your CTE Story?
Town Hall Meetings
As part of his 2018 State of the State message, Governor Gary Herbert declared 2018 the Year of Technical Education, naming it his second-highest legislative priority. In conjunction with the Year of Technical Education, Town Hall Meetings will be held across the state.
- September: Bear River Region, Mountainland Region, and Wasatch Front North Region
- October: Central Region, Southeast Region, and Uintah Basin Region
- November: Southwest Region and Wasatch Front South Region
Town Hall Resources