Frequently Asked Questions

Comprehensive Administration of Credentials for Teachers in Utah Schools (CACTUS)

Utah State Board of Education (USBE) Licensing e-mail

1. What if I need my Praxis scores posted on CACTUS?

  • E-mail the USBE Licensing Department.
  • E-mail subject line should read Praxis Scores to be Added Manually.
  • Include a copy of your Employment Transition Services (ETS) Test Taker’s Score Report and your scores will be manually added.

2. Where are my Praxis Scores in CACTUS?

  1. Go to the Utah Education Network (UEN) CACTUS website. If nothing is reflected, e-mail the USBE Licensing Department.
  2. E-mail subject line should read Praxis Scores.
  3. List your ETS Candidate Identification Number and we can search for your scores.


1. Which license area(s) and/or endorsement(s) should I apply?

  1. You should only apply for the license area(s) and/or endorsement(s) that is on your international license. Any
    license area or endorsement not on your license is not eligible for licensure through the International pathway. For more information, review the International section of this website.

Pedagogical Performance Assessment (PPAT)

1. Timeline for PPAT Requirement:

  • Students admitted to our program before 01/01/2020 do not have to take the PPAT, regardless of when they are recommended for licenses.
  • Students who are recommended before 08/01/2021 do not have to take the PPAT regardless of when they were admitted to the program.
  • Students admitted to our program after 01/01/2020 and are recommended for license after 08/01/2021 do take the PPAT.