Information coming soon.
Local Education Agency (LEA)-Specific
An LEA-Specific educator license, including areas of concentration and endorsements, is issued by the state board at the request of an LEA’s governing body (example: local school board) that is valid for an employee to fill a position in the LEA if other licensing routes for the applicant are untenable or unreasonable. The LEA governing board agrees to provide the documentation and support outlined in the Utah Office of Administrative Rules R277-301-7: LEA-specific Educator License Requirements.
- Initiate a Utah State Board of Education Fingerprint Background Check at Educator Licensing Online. Background checks done for an LEA in Utah are not accepted.
- To obtain your Comprehensive Administration of Credentials for Teachers in Utah Schools (CACTUS) number, please go to my.uen.org to create a Utah Education Network (UEN) account, 24 hours after initiating a background check. When you log in to your UEN account, you are able to enter your CACTUS record.
- Complete an Educator Ethics Review at Educator Licensing Online.
- LEA Adopts Policy for LEA-Specific Licenses
- Public Meeting of Governing Body Approving LEA-Specific Licenses
- Letter of Request and Assurances to Superintendent on Official Letterhead
- Post Educator Data in CACTUS
- Submit Official Request to email@example.com
2021 LEA Specific Requests
Local Education Agency (LEA) Specific License and Endorsement Procedures
Eminence Designation Guidelines
- Eminence exists as a designation for an educator who has less than 37% of their Full Time Employee (FTE).
- Eminence is requested by an LEA and is processed the same as LEA-Specific (LEA-S).
- Educator must have a current Utah State Board of Education Educator Ethics Review and Educator Background Check.
- LEA must enter Eminence under the motions section on LEA-S tab in CACTUS.