Welcome to Teaching and Learning
Our mission at the Teaching and Learning section of the Utah State Board of Education is to collaboratively build capacity and develop a culture that provides access to equitable opportunity for quality learning experiences vital to career and life success. To achieve this mission, the Teaching and Learning team:
- Facilitates the development and implementation of Utah’s Core Standards.
- Develops and curates resources in collaboration with stakeholders to support student-centered instruction that incorporates Utah’s Core Standards and Utah’s Portrait of a Graduate Competencies.
- Identifies evidence-based practices to address stakeholder needs and disseminates research evidence to achieve the Utah State Board of Education’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Cultivates partnerships with educators to elevate the teaching profession in support of innovation and creativity.
- Provides high-quality professional learning to support educators in maximizing their knowledge, skills, and dispositions to most positively impacting student learning.
- Executes, supports, and monitors educational initiatives established by the Utah State Legislature.
- Grants educator licenses and endorsements, monitors educator preparation programs, and administers relicensure processes in accordance with Utah Code and Board Rule.