Welcome to Adult Day Care (ADC) Centers


The Adult Day Care (ADC) component of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) offers Federal funding for meals to functionally impaired adults in non-residential day care settings. These centers enable elderly and disabled adults to remain in their own home or in the home of a family member, guardian, or other care giver, and avoid premature institutionalization. CACFP meals give adults the nutrition they need as a routine part of their day care program and plays a vital role in improving the quality of day care and making it more affordable for many low-income families. 

For more information on participating in the adult portion of CACFP, please review the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Fact Sheet How to Participate in the Adult Care Component of CACFP.

CACFP Adult Day Care Centers
USDA Food and Nutrition Service

Qualifying and Applying

Adult Care Centers may participate in Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) independently (and work directly with the State) or under a sponsoring organization. Centers must be licensed or approved by a State or local agency, and may be public, private nonprofit, or private for-profit. However, for-profit centers must serve higher numbers of low-income adults or adults who receive Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income to be eligible to participate.

The center can see how much they will receive as an estimated reimbursement by using the Reimbursement Estimator Tool.

Adult participants are defined as: "a person enrolled in an adult day care center who is functionally impaired ... or 60 years of age or older." Individuals who reside with family members are eligible, though individuals who reside in institutions are not eligible for CACFP benefits.

To apply, applicant must attend CACFP Basic Training either in person or online. In-person training is available monthly at the Utah State Board of Education and you can register on Eventbrite.

Application documents can be requested at the end of either the in-person or on-line training.

Program Eligibility

For-profit adult day care centers are eligible to participate in CACFP if they receive compensation under Title XIX (Medicaid Program) and/or Title XX (Block Grants to States for Social Services) of the Social Security Act and at least 25 percent of enrolled participants receive Title XIX or Title XX benefits.

If you are interested in operating the program at your center, need help understanding qualification requirements, or need assistance with the application process please contact USBE CNP.


There are additional state agency trainings available for your staff upon request from our office. For new employees or applying adult day care centers the State Agency offers online or in person trainings.

Forms and Resources

Posted are a number of sample forms. For additional forms contact your Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Specialist. For forms created by the institution, please contact your specialist to have them reviewed to make sure they collect the required information.

Reimbursement Rates

Claims are submitted online using the CNPWeb

Reimbursement for meals served to eligible adults is made to those institutions that have an agreement with a State agency to operate the Adult Day Care (ADC) component of Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).

Reimbursements are paid out of program funds made available to the State from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Reimbursements may be paid by the State agencies directly to independent centers or to sponsoring organizations which then reimburse or use the funds to provide food to sponsored facilities (7 CFR 226.11(a)).

Reimbursements are based on the number of meals and/or snacks served to eligible adults based on the applicable free, reduced price, or paid rate for meals and snacks (7 CFR 226.11(c)).

CACFP and FDCH Reimbursement Rates (2017-2018)

Claims for Reimbursement

Due by the fifth working day of the month (to receive a deposit by the end of that month).  Must be submitted:

  • No later than 60 days from the end of the month being claimed
  • Once a claim has been submitted, you can amend the claim within 90 days if you’re claiming additional meals and any time if you’re claiming fewer meals


In coordination with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Services (FNS), our office distributes policy memorandums to provide guidance and clarification on program requirements and regulations.

School Meals: Policy 
Allows you to search for current and archived USDA FNS published policy memorandums.

 Contact Us       CNP Web       UEN Canvas