SERF, formerly known as the Enhanced Research Disk is a collection of tables that is meant to mirror the data that is stored at Utah State Office of Education (USOE) and is used to generate the AYP and other accountability reports as well as other varied purposes.
SERF is generated at the end of each year and on request for each LEA in the state. The data contained in the SERF is specific to a single school year, however; since some prior year data is needed to generate the AYP, CAS, and other accountability reports, prior years data for the students enrolled in the reporting year at the LEA is also included.
The SERF is provided as a Microsoft Access database file. In order to use it you will need to have Microsoft Access installed.
Realease Date: 12/15/2014
- Added pace_CCR_serf - Contains College Credit and Readiness data used in PACE report.
- Added pace_demographics_serf - Contains demographics data used in PACE report.
- Added pace_highschool_serf - Contains ACT and Graduation Rate data used in PACE report.
- Added pace_rogl - Contains all sge data used in Academic Performance section of the PACE report.
- Added pace_school_commments - Contains school snapshot comments used in the PACE report.
- Added pace_schools_serf - Contains school info and flags to show how split schools are broken out. Also, shows which type of PACE report(s) each school will get.
- Added Pace_summary - Pace summary table was removed. Data previously in that table may be found in the new tables listed for this release.
Release Date: 12/04/2014
- Added pace_summary - Contains some of the data on the PACE excel files.
- Added school_scores - Contains test counts, year to year growth statistics and test proficiency scores related to SAGE testing.
- Added school_content_area_scores - Details of how each score was calculated in school_scores
- Added sub_scores - Contains the SAGE subscores.
- Added ualpa_wida_xwalk - Maps the UALPA proficiencies to the WIDA proficiencies.
- Added test_proficiency_levels - Join tables for sub_scores. Contains score range for each subscore.
- Added test_reporting_categories - Join tables for sub_scores. Gives name of subscores per test.
- Added act_student - Max ACT scores used in PACE CCR calculations. Per-student data
- Added act_school - Max ACT scores used in PACE CCR calculation. Aggregated school data
The CCR data in the pace_summary is not available
Release Date: 11/07/2014
- Added resultSummary table that contains the summarized data that is reported at https://datagateway.schools.utah.gov.
- Added SubGroup table that indicates the subgroups used in the resultSummary table.
- Added SubGroupCategory table which is a list of categories used in the SubGroup table.
- Added SubjectArea table which has the IDs for the subject areas used in the resultSummary table.
- Added SageGradeLevel table which lists the grade levels for which SAGE tests were administered and which indicates the grade levels used in the resultSummary table.
- Added student_test_sage table that contains detailed student SAGE data.
- Added dwa_Raw table to house the 2014 DWA data.
- Added student_Test_wida table to house the WIDA data.
- Removed student_test_concept and student_test_objective tables.
- Student query is only used for historical CRT data, since the CRT is no longer administered, please use the tables listed above for access to student test scores.
Release Date: 10/04/2013
- A small handful of assessments for one LEA that were missing in past releases have now been added
- SGP calculations were re-applied
- This release may not be significantly different from version 4
Release Date: 8/28/2013
This release only affects the following LEAs
- ALIANZA ACADEMY
- DUCHESNE DISTRICT
- MILLARD DISTRICT
- NORTH SANPETE DISTRICT
- NORTH SUMMIT DISTRICT
- OGDEN CITY DISTRICT
- PINNACLE CANYON ACADEMY
- QUAIL RUN PRIMARY SCHOOL
- REAGAN ACADEMY
- SAN JUAN DISTRICT
- SEVIER DISTRICT
- SUMMIT ACADEMY HIGH SCHOOL
- TOOELE DISTRICT
- UINTAH DISTRICT
- The proficiencies for some NWEA tests in these LEAs were incorrect and have now been computed based on the scaled score.
| Algebra I
| Earth Systems
| Language Arts 3
| Language Arts 7
| Language Arts 8
| Language Arts 9
| Language Arts 10
| Math 3
| Math 5
| Math 6
| Math 7
| Pre Algebra
| Science 6
| Science 7
Release Date: 8/20/2013
- Some LEAs had some tests that were not included in prior versions of the SERF, this has been corrected
- SGPs have been re-calculated to account for the missing tests
- The student query has been fixed to accurately display the LEP code (ELL Status)
Release Date: 8/8/2013
- ACT Plan data is now complete (Only a partial set of data was originally loaded)
- DWA is now included in the UCAS calculation
- 4 additional queries were added, 3 for Grading Utah Schools and one for UPass Progress
Release Date: 8/5/2013
- Initial release for LEA Audit of reports
Release Date: 4/9/2013
- Graduation rate data has been re-calculated
- An issue was discovered in the ELL AutoExit query after this version was released that has been perpetuated in this release. If you need the proper syntax to fix this issue, please contact us.
Release Date: 02/15/2013
- Changed the data type of the latitude and longitude columns in the institution table
Release Date: 02/11/2013
- Added / Updated AMAO queries for AMAO 1, 2, and 3 to assist in auditing the Federal AMAO report
Release Date: 10/17/2012
- Corrected UALPA data loaded in to the warehouse is now reflected on this release
- Loaded UAA tests that were missed in the initial warehouse load
- Added the SGP and below proficient flag to the student test table
- Added an additional query for below proficient students that replicates the existing students query
Release Date: 8/7/2012
Release Date: 2/27/2011
- Corrected UALPA data was loaded into the warehouse that is now reflected on this release.
Release Date: 12/1/2011
- This release is a cohort detail SERF to be used to identify students with an "Unknown" status used to determine Graduation Rate
Release Date: 9/23/2011
- Updated AYP Attendance and Cohort Detail query
- Updated UALPA data
Version: 5 (Queries Only) Update Intructions
- Updated the AYP Participation and AYP Proficiency queries to include the validated proficiency field
- Click here to download this update (blank database)
Version: 4 (Queries and Forms Only)
- Updated queries and forms to fix an issue with the AYP Student Group form
- Click here to download Access Queries and Forms Only (blank database)
Release Date: 8/5/2011
- Removed the prior two years of data from the student course, student test concept, and student test objective tables
- Released to coordinate with the 8/5/2011 re-release of the AYP reports
- Added ethnicity to the student query to pull ethnicity for 2011
- Improved functionality of the AYP queries
- Tables with updated data: school_annual, district_school_ayp, district_school_ayp_results , student_test
Version: 2 Data Dictionary
Release Date: 8/2/2011
- The first useable release
Release Date: 8/1/2011
- Original release - This release was not useable and should be deleted.
Release Date: October 11, 2010
Release Date: September 16, 2010
All known issues from release 2 have been fixed.
Queries have been updated.
The concepts and objectives for the 2nd Grade Language Arts have been added to the SERF.
The following tables have updated values for the test program id column that match the test program id in the test program table.
- summary test concept
- summary test objective
- summary dist test concept
- summary dist test objective
Version: Blank SERF with Queries 2010-2
Release Date: August 16, 2010
Original Blank SERF with the following fixes.
- Fixed LEP Auto Exit query (Was using validated proficiency of 2 instead of '2B' as part of the calculation)
- The AYP queries have been fixed to match those queries used by USOE to determine proficiency, participation and attendance numbers.
- New query to help with graduation rate questions is included (This is not fully tested yet, please provide feedback as you encounter problems so we can ensure accuracy)
Version: Blank SERF with Queries 2010-1
Release Date: August 12, 2010
Release Date: July 30, 2010
2010 Year End.
Known issues with this release.
- The AYP attendance, AYP participation, AYP proficiency and institution list queries have an incorrect year coded in the query. To fix this you can follow these few steps for each query.
Release Date: January 8, 2010