The primary goal of the Utah State Office of Education Special Education Services section is to provide leadership and support for educators, parents, and students with disabilities receiving special education and related services throughout Utah public schools and communities.
Our web pages are designed to provide access to available documents, resources and guidelines. Please contact us with questions or for additional information.
- FFY14 Utah's Part B IDEA application FFY14 Utah's Interactive Spreadsheet - draft
Utah’s application for IDEA funding is open for public comment March 3, 2014 through April 18, 2014. The application will be posted until May 6, 2014, and will be submitted on or before May 12, 2014. To comment, or for more information about Utah’s application, please contact Jennifer Howell by jennifer[dot]howell[at]schools[dot]utah[dot]gov(e-mail) or phone at (801) 538-7724.
- Utah Multi-Tiered System of Supports (UMTSS) Connections Conference, June 18-19, Davis Conference Center (Click on link to register. There is a $50 conference registration fee)
- Save the Date - 2014 Utah Institute on Special Education Law, August 6, 7, & 8. Details to be announced as confirmed.
- Annual Performance Report (APR) and State Performance Plan (SPP)
- Autism Awareness Restricted Account Distribution - Funds available March 15, 2014
- Best Practices
- Carson Smith Scholarship
- Co-Sponsorships and Grants
- Compliance Monitoring Tool
- Essential Elements (EE) for English Language Arts (ELA) and Math
- Medicaid Billing
- Special Education Licensure/Employment
- Utah Core Standards
- Utah Multi-Tiered System of Supports (UMTSS)
- Utah Tax Form TC-40D - Dependent with a Disability Tax Exemption
USOE Special Education Website Survey