Test-Taker Resources - GED Credentials
Official Transcript of GED Tests Results (GED Smart Transcript)
An official transcript of GED Test results called a Smart Transcript is issued available to the test-taker through the MyGEDTM online portal at the time any of the four GED Tests modules are scored regardless of the test-taker’s scores. A minimum score of 150 in each test area, equaling 600 or higher, is required to successfully pass the GED Tests. Test scores are considered official when generated by GED Testing Service (GEDTS).
GED Certificate Credential – Exchanges
Persons passing the GED Tests between January 1, 2002 and June 30, 2009, may exchange the GED Certificate for a Utah High School Completion Diploma by completing and following the instructions on the exchange form.
Utah High School Completion Diploma (from July 1, 2009 forward)
- A Utah High School Completion Diploma is issued when all four GED Test modules are passed.
- School-age GED test-takers, who pass all four of the GED Test modules (minimum of 150 on each test module with an overall score of 600) may not return to a K-12 program of instruction.
- School-age GED test-takers, who have an IEP, are eligible for Free Access to Public Education (FAPE) regardless of whether or not they may have successfully obtained a GED and the resulting Utah High School Completion Diploma.
- Academic credit is not allowed for successful passing of the GED Tests taken and passed after June 30, 2009.
Duplicate Utah High School Completion Diplomas or Test Transcripts
- A Utah High School Completion Diploma will be sent directly to the test taker by GED Testing Services within 7-10 business days of passing the final GED Test module.
- Duplicate diplomas, certificates and/or transcript/score reports may be ordered through GED Testing Services - Request a Transcript.
Authentication of GED Tests Documents/Apostille Certification
Foreign countries may require some documents to be authenticated prior to processing. In this case the test-taker must contact and work through the Utah Lieutenant Governor’s Office, Notary Division. Detailed information and directions regarding the authentication/Apostille process is found at: authentications.utah.gov/