Test-Taker Resources - GED Credentials
Official Transcript of GED Tests Results (GED Smart Transcript)
An official transcript of GED Test results called a Smart Transcript is issued available to the test-taker through the MyGEDTM online portal at the time any of the four GED Tests modules are scored regardless of the test-taker’s scores. Actual passing scores are set by GED Testing Service. Test scores are considered official when generated by GED Testing Service (GEDTS).
GED Certificate Credential – Exchanges
Persons passing the GED Tests between January 1, 2002 and June 30, 2009, may exchange the GED Certificate for a Utah High School Completion Diploma by completing and following the instructions on the exchange form.
GED Records Name Change
Persons who would like to request a copy of their transcript with a legal name change must submit documentation with the following completed name change form.
Utah High School Completion Diploma (from July 1, 2009 forward)
- A Utah High School Completion Diploma is issued when all four GED Test modules are passed.
- School-age GED test-takers, who pass all four of the GED Test modules may not return to a K-12 program of instruction.
- School-age GED test-takers, who have an IEP, are eligible for Free Access to Public Education (FAPE) regardless of whether or not they may have successfully obtained a GED and the resulting Utah High School Completion Diploma.
- Academic credit is not allowed for successful passing of the GED Tests taken and passed after June 30, 2009.
Duplicate Utah High School Completion Diplomas or Test Transcripts
- A Utah High School Completion Diploma will be sent directly to the test taker by GED Testing Services within 7-10 business days of passing the final GED Test module.
- Duplicate diplomas, certificates and/or transcript/score reports may be ordered through GED Testing Services - Request a Transcript.
Authentication of GED Tests Documents/Apostille Certification
Foreign countries may require some documents to be authenticated prior to processing. In this case the test-taker must contact and work through the Utah Lieutenant Governor’s Office, Notary Division. Detailed information and directions regarding the authentication/Apostille process is found at: authentications.utah.gov/