Examiner Resources - Policies and Procedures
Registering to Take the GED Tests, Appointments to Schedule a Test Taking Time
1. GED Tests administered in the state of Utah are based on Utah State Board of Education (USBE) GED Testing Rule R277-702.
2. Access to GED Tests is limited to the GED Testing State Administrator, state authorized GED examiners, and during actual testing, test-takers without a high school diploma or GED credential. Any other access to GED Tests must be approved by the GED Testing State Administrator.
3. All GED Tests administrators shall conduct GED Tests administration in strict accordance with Board rules, GEDTS procedures and guidelines specified in the GEDTS Policies and Procedures Manual, Utah State Office of Education policies and school district or institutional rules and policies.
4. Teachers, administrators and school/institutional personnel shall:
- a. Not provide students directly or indirectly with specific questions, answers, or other subject matter of any specific item from any official GED Tests;
- b. Not allow student access to any official GED testing materials, in any form, prior to the GED Tests administration with the exception of GED Tests demographic sheets;
- c. Not knowingly and intentionally do anything that would inappropriately affect the security, validity, or reliability of GED Tests scores of any individual GED Tests candidate or group of test candidates taking the GED Tests.
5. Violation of any of these rules may subject licensed educators to possible disciplinary action under Board Procedures: Sanctions for Educator Misconduct Board Rule R277-514.