Examiner Resources - Policies and Procedures
Forms of ID Required for Test Taking
A current government issued picture (legible picture) ID is required for admission to a GED Testing Center.
Allowable forms of ID include:
- State issued driver’s license
- Temporary state issued driver’s permit, valid only for six months from the date of issue
- State ID card
- Military ID
- Form N-560 or N-561 Certificate of Citizenship
See usimmigration.com/citizenship-certificate.html for more information
Note: all documents must contain the person’s name, birth date, address, and signature.
Forms of ID not acceptable include:
- Library cards
- High school ID cards
- College/university ID cards
3. All other forms of ID must be cleared by the State GED Testing Administrator.
4. When possible, all GED testing candidates enrolled in a Utah public education school as of 2005, are to provide their Utah public K-12 Statewide Student Identification Number (SSID) at the time of registration to allow for data matching outcomes and personal transfer of GED Tests outcomes to post-secondary institutions as desired.