Examiner Resources - Policies and Procedures
Authentication of GED Tests Documents/Apostille Certification
Foreign countries may require some documents to be authenticated prior to processing. In this case, the test taker should be directed to the Lieutenant Governor’s Office - Notary Division. Detailed information and directions regarding the authentication/Apostille process is found at: authentications.utah.gov.
- The test-taker completes and sends the application and required fee to the Lt. Governor’s Office;
- The Utah State Office of Education informs the Lt. Governor’s Office of the test-taker’s intent; and
- At the request of the Lt. Governor’s office the USOE provides a signed and stamped GED Official Transcript of GED Tests Results and certificate or diploma to the Lt. Governor’s office where the documents will be endorsed and the USOE seal and signature validated as genuine.
Access and Verification Codes
- Access and verification codes are unique.
- Access and verification Codes are to be used only for cross-referencing purposes. When using these codes, they must be accompanied by the paper from which they come. This assumes that due diligence has been completed in verifying the recipient is eligible to have access to the information.