1. What is the Annual Financial Report (AFR)?
2. What is the Annual Program Report (APR)?
3. Where can I get a listing of required reports?
4. If I have questions concerning school accounting, who can help me?
5. If I represent a Charter school and don't negotiate with my employees, do I still need to submit a negotiations report?
6. If I represent a new charter school in our planning year do I still need to file an (AFR) or (APR) when we don't have students?
7. Do I need to submit my budget to the USOE?
It is a required report for all Utah Local Education Agencies (LEA's) which is prepared on the modified accrual basis detailing revenues and expenditures and giving a balance sheet organized by Fund, Function and Object. Utah follows the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) account code and definitions.
Top | Next
It is a required report for all Utah Local Education Agencies (LEA's) and is organized by Program and Object.
Top | Next | Previous
The report listing is found in R277-484-3 in the Utah State Board of Education rules. There is a listing of submitted reports and their status on the recent Report Submission Tracking.
For questions concerning school accounting, please contact Von Hortin or Dan Ellis.
Phone: (801) 538-7670 | von[dot]hortin[at]schools[dot]utah[dot]gov(E-mail)
Phone: (801) 538-7802
Yes. There is information concerning benefits included in the report which still need to be reported.
Yes. There are alternative reports to replace your statutorily required audit reports based upon the level of expenditures but your AFR and APR still need to be submitted.
Yes. Currently, the code still requires the budget be submitted to both the USOE and the State Auditors' office. Most budgets need to be submitted by July 15, those where a Truth-In-Taxation hearing is involved are due August 15.
Top | Previous
250 East 500 South | PO Box 144200
Salt Lake City, UT | 84114-4200
Monday - Friday | 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(801) 538 7500
Copyright © 2009-2016 Utah State Board of Education (USBE)