To enroll in EHS classes, first get an account at EHS. To begin, please choose the category below that describes your residence status.
I am a Utah Student* (New account requests are in temporary suspension. With the upcoming budget shortfall, a list of classes and services for next year has not yet been determined. Account and class requests will resume when the budget for FY14 has been set. Thank you for your patience.)
A Utah student is an in-state student whose custodial parent/guardian currently lives in Utah*, including home-schooled students. Credit certificates are sent to Utah public or Utah private schools or to Utah homes. Some classes have class materials costs.
I am Not a Utah Student
EHS currently does not offer credit directly to non-Utah students.
* For clarification of student Utah residence status, please refer to state code and to board rule. Student residency status, for purposes of Electronic High School participation and enrollment, shall be determined by one of the following:
- The student’s custodial parent or legal guardian must be a *resident of Utah, or
- The student must be in the custody or under the supervision of a (Utah) State agency. or
- The student must be married (as demonstrated by documentation upon request) or emancipated under Utah Code Section 78-3a-1001 through 1005.
The following DO NOT establish residency for public school purposes or for enrollment in the Utah Electronic High School:
- Property owned in Utah
- Property or a living space leased or rented in Utah unless parent/legal guardian can prove, to the satisfaction of EHS directors, that the property/living space is the legal guardian’s permanent and/or primary legal residence.
- A power of attorney
- Designations of “guardianship” from relatives or friends
- Military participation or enrollment of parent/legal guardian UNLESS the parent/legal guardian has designated Utah (subject to documentation) as the primary legal residence.
- Payment of Utah taxes for various purposes.
The Electronic High School no longer offers credit to non-Utah students or sends credit certificates to non-Utah addresses. (See "I am Not a Utah Student" section above.)