AdvancED is the world leader in providing improvement and accreditation services to education providers of all types in their pursuit of excellence in serving students. Our mission is to lead and empower the education community to ensure that all learners realize their full potential. AdvancED serves as a trusted partner to more than 32,000 schools and school systems—enrolling more than 20 million students—across the United States and 70 countries.
The North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SAC CASI) are accreditation divisions of AdvancED.
Accreditation Training Schedule
School Review Schedule
Accredited Schools Directory
AdvancEd Accredited Schools
Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)
Announcement to Accredited Schools and Districts
NWAC Accreditation Commission Becomes Accreditation Division of AdvancED
Utah Board Rules
Accreditation of Schools
What Does Accreditation Mean?
- The purpose of Accreditation is to ensure excellence in education by holding schools accountable to rigorous standards and a process of continuous improvement.
- In the State of Utah, by law all public schools, granting high school credit, are required to be accredited. Accreditation ensures that the credits/diploma a student earns is the result of quality educational experience. Schools that are not accredited run the risk of not having their credits or diplomas accepted by other schools, colleges, or the military.
- Any school accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting body has demonstrated a commitment to rigorous standards and a process of continuous improvement.
Who Needs to be Accredited?
- All Utah public secondary schools offering high school credit and/or diplomas must be accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) a division of AdvancED.
- Private and parochial schools that issue high school credit and/or diplomas should be accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting body to guarantee credit reciprocity and demonstrate compliance with rigorous standards and practices.