Steps to Becoming Approved
Download the New SFA Starter Kit
Step One: APPLY
- Contact the Utah State Office of Education at (801)538-7680
- Complete and submit a Child Nutrition Program Application
Private, non-profit schools must submit documentation of 501(c)3 non-profit status. For residential child care institutions, submit a current license and 501(c)3 documentation
Step Two: TRAINING
- Save the New SFA Starter Kit from the link above. Begin learning program information from the kit and refer to the templates and manuals.
- Review the School Food Authority Getting Started Modules. Submit self-quizzes at the end of each module to your assigned Child Nutrition Specialist.
Additional trainings are also available on the Child Nutrition Programs University (CNPU) page.
- Provide and document civil rights training to all program staff.
- Contact local health department to complete ServSafe and Food Handler's certification.
- Take Utah State Purchasing online trainings Purchasing 101 and Contract Basics.
Step Three: SUBMIT DOCUMENTS TO USOE
- Wellness Policy
- Health Inspection
- Procurement/Request for Proposal Documents (See SFA Kit Step Three)
- Menu Planning Documents
- HACCP Policy
- Point of Service Training and Procedures
Step Four: CNPWEB ACCESS
- Complete CNPWeb packet and submit offline forms.
- Complete sponsor and site information sheets.
Step Five: AGREEMENT
- Complete and submit original permanent agreement to USOE.
Step Six: PRE-APPROVAL VISIT
- Contact your USOE Child Nutrition Specialist to set up your pre-approval visit.
Step Seven: APPROVAL
- After steps one through six are completed, USOE will sign the permanent agreement and approve CNPWeb information.
- Make appointment with the Commodities Specialist.
Step Eight: REVIEWS
- Schedule reviews and technical assistance with assigned Child Nutrition Specialist.
Click here for additional Resources