There are nine (9) endorsements in social studies which may be added to your teaching license below is the application and endorsement checklist for each endorsement:
- Political Science
- Social Studies Composite
- Utah Studies
Teach Specific Subjects Endorsement
The minimum requirement for seven of the endorsements is sixteen (16) semester hours. The minimum requirement for Utah Studies is eight (8) semester hours. For a Social Studies Composite the minimum requirement is forty-six (46) semester hours. To convert quarter hours to semester hours multiply the number of quarter hours by .666.
Complete the following:
- Social Studies Endorsement Application.
- Please place the course number in the box to indicate that the minimum requirement in each area has been met. Where there is more than one box, there are additional courses required.
- Acceptable lines of evidence include:
- Approved Professional Development
- University Or College Course Work
- Clearly Demonstrated Competency
- Attach your original transcript(s), and highlight corresponding classes.
For more information, please contact robert [dot] austin [at] schools [dot] utah [dot] gov (Robert Austin), Social Studies Specialist, (801) 538-7575.
Send the highlighted transcript, $45 processing fee, and completed application to:
Utah State Office of Education
Teaching and Learning - Endorsements
250 East 500 South
PO Box 144200
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4200