Endorsements and Early Childhood Education (ECE) License Area
There are seven (7) endorsements in science issued to the Secondary Licenses:
- Biological Science
- Earth Science
- Physical Science
- Environmental Science
- Middle Level Science
1. Science Endorsement Application
2. Place the course number that corresponds to the course filling each requirement in the box provided and highlight the course on your transcript. Each box must have a course number for the requirement to be satisfied. To convert quarter hours to semester hours, multiply the number of quarter hours by .666.
3. When there is more than one box next to a requirement, there are additional courses required.
4. Acceptable lines of evidence include:
- Approved professional development
- University or college course work
- Clearly demonstrated competency
4. Attach your original transcript(s), and highlight corresponding classes.
For more information, please contact richard [dot] scott [at] schools [dot] utah [dot] gov (Richard Scott), Science Specialist, at (801) 538-7808.
Send the highlighted transcript, $25 processing fee or $35 for State Approved Endorsement Program fee, and completed application to:
Utah State Office of Education
Teaching and Learning - Endorsements
250 East 500 South
PO Box 144200
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4200