Gifted and Talented
The minimum requirement for a Gifted and Talented endorsement is an educator license, teaching experience, and a minimum of 16 hours of approved university coursework or competency based equivalent. To convert quarter hours to semester hours multiply the number of quarter hours by .666.
Complete the following:
- Gifted and Talented Endorsement Application.
- Please place the course number in the box to indicate that the minimum requirement in each area has been met. Each box must have a course number for the requirement to be satisfied.
- Acceptable lines of evidence include:
- Approved professional development
- University or college course work
- Clearly demonstrates competency
For more information, please contact moya [dot] kessig [at] schools [dot] utah [dot] gov (Moya Kessig), Curriculum Coordinator, (801) 538-7742.
Send the highlighted transcript, $25 processing fee or $35 for State Approved Endorsement fee, and completed application to:
Utah State Office of Education
Teaching and Learning - Endorsements
250 East 500 South
PO Box 144200
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4200