General Consent Calendar
July 17, 2014
Backup furnished electronically at http://www.schools.utah.gov/board/Meetings/Agenda.aspx
A. Minutes of Previous Meetings Tab A
Minutes of the State Board of Education meeting held June 5-6, 2014 are presented for approval.
B. Monthly Budget Report Tab B
A monthly budget report is provided to give information to the Board in meeting its fiduciary responsibilities for the Utah State Office of Education, Utah State Office of Rehabilitation, and Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind.
It is proposed that the Board receive the report.
C. Contracts Tab C
It is proposed that the Board approve the following contracts:
1. Utah State Office of Education, $130,000, amendment
Amendment to a Memorandum of Agreement between the Utah Department of Human Services Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health and the Utah State Office of Education for USOE to be paid an additional $130,000 by DHS for Prevention Dimensions, and to extend the end date of the Agreement to June 30, 2015.
2. Utah State Office of Education, $160,777, federal
For payment to the Utah State Office of Education from the U.S. Department of Education for a NAEP Coordinator.
3. Waterford Institute, Inc., $21,855, 08/01/2014 to 07/31/2019, amend.
Pilot program for a home-based education technology program to develop school readiness skills of preschool children (UPSTART).
4. Alpine Square Associates, $181,500, 05/01/2015 to 04/30/2020, federal
To lease office space for the Division of Rehabilitation Services located at 65 South 360 East, American Fork.
5. Measurement Incorporated, $2,466,123, 08/01/2014 to 07/31/2019
To provide a comprehensive writing instruction and assessment system designed to assist students in Grades 3 through 12 with improving their writing skills.
6. The National Center for the Improvement of Educational Assessment, $267,430, 08/01/2014 to 04/15/2015, federal
1) To support the development, pilot testing, and implementation of Utah’s educator evaluation system; 2) to assist in implementing UCAS, Grading Schools, NCLB Accountability system, and other accountability issues, 3) to support implementation of SAGE; and 4) to facilitate and manage Utah’s Technical and Policy Advisory Committee.
7. Amplify, $3,000,000, 07/01/2014 to 06/30/2015, amendment
To provide portable assessments in reading for K-3 grade and to provide comprehensive online reporting and instructional tools for teachers and administrators. Purpose of amendment #3 is to add funds for FY 2014-2015, clarify invoicing and change name of company from Wireless Generation to Amplify.
D. Contract Reports Tab D
It is proposed that the Board receive the following reports:
1. Contracts less than $100,000 approved by the State Superintendent
or USOR Director.
2. Contracts with renewals within the next six months.
E. National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) Dues Tab E
It is proposed that the Board approve payment to NASBE for 2015 membership dues of $23,406, NCOSEA membership dues of $130, and the 2015 standard subscription of $20, for a total of $23,556.
F. List of Educator Licenses Processed Tab F
A summary of the total number of educator licenses and license areas processed in June 2014 is provided for Board information. It is proposed that the Board receive the report.