Our mission is to serve the public by providing measurable information about Utah students’ core knowledge, skills, and abilities; acquired through high quality valid and reliable assessments. We strive to:
- Positively impact student learning and the public’s understanding through quality assessment;
- Provide meaningful assessment that is essential to assess the extent of student progress toward proficiency;
- Provide accurate, understandable reporting that is essential so that all stakeholders in Utah education have the data needed for making effective decisions concerning school policies, programs and curricula;
- Provide knowledge about use of accountability measures, resources/tools to support best practices in the area of assessment and support broad understandings;
- Utilize innovative technologies support valid and cost-effective indicators of student proficiency;
- Accomplish all tasks through positive collaborative partnerships with districts and state agencies.
Assessment News and Events
2015 Test Results are Now Available!!
Assessment Directors Meeting Schedule (2015-2016)
Click here to access Utah's educational accountability reports.
Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE)
SAGE Reporting Views
SAGE Communication Resources
Five Things Every Administrator Should Know about SAGE
Validity of SAGE Test Score Interpretations