Grant Reimbursement Form
Adult Education and Family Literacy Act Request for Reimbursement
Reimbursement requests must be received by the 25th of the month/quarter to be processed for payment the following month. Requests received later than the 25th will be processed in the next cycle.
Grants - Federal
Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) Grant Competition for 2014-2015
A new competition is open for federal AEFLA funding for:
- Adult Basic Education and/or English for Speakers of Other Languages
- English Language/Civics Education
- Corrections Education and Education for Other Institutionalized Individuals
This is an open competition. Grant applications will be read and judged on the merits of the application. Any program considering application must send a representative to attend the mandatory Bidder’s Conference.
March 18, 2014
Abbey Inn - 1129 S Bluff Street - St. George, UT
An Intent to Apply pre-application form must be submitted to the USOE by April 2, 2014.
The purpose of the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) is to create partnerships among the federal government, states, and localities to provide, on a voluntary basis, adult education and literacy services, in order to:
- Assist adults to become literate and obtain the knowledge and skills necessary for employment and self-sufficiency.
- Assist adults who are parents to obtain the educational skills necessary to become full partners in the educational development of their children.
- Assist adults in the completion of a secondary school education.
The state’s goals are to:
- Increase accessibility to adult education services in areas of the state most in need of these services.
- Create a seamless transition to post-secondary education and training systems.
- Build an educated and competitive Utah workforce.
- Foster strong, self-sufficient, literate families in an effort to reduce the current student achievement gap.
- Utilize a collaborative and efficient approach in the use of community resources to meet the needs of adult in our communities.
Grants - Utah
State Program Plan
Funding available by program type:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Adult High School Completion (AHSC)
- Corrections Education
Please contact Kellie [dot] Tyrrell [at] schools [dot] utah [dot] gov (Kellie Tyrrell), (801) 538-7821, if you experience any problems with this document.
Adult Education State Supplemental Competitive Grant Application
The Adult Education State Supplemental Competitive Grant Application is open from October 15 to October 31, 2013 for districts that receive less than 1% of the state allotted total as indicated on the State Allocation Table found in the Resource section below. Applications must be received by October 31st by 5:00 p.m. to be eligible for review.
Completing and Submitting a Federal Reimbursement Request
District State Allocation Table 2013-2014
Federal AEFLA Allocation 2012-2013
How to Figure Indirect Costs
Indirect Cost Rates
Memorandum of Understanding Sample
NRS Reports July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010
State Program Plan Application Walk-Through
State Targets 2012