The Utah Core Standards impact every school, teacher, administrator, and student in Utah. The Core Academy is designed to provide a common platform of conversation and language throughout the state to support teachers’ and districts’ awareness and understanding of the Standards that will guide their instructional practice. Districts are encouraged to create their own plans for continued development using those teachers who have facilitated and attended the Core Academy as a resource.
The 2013 Core Academy will provide high quality instruction in mathematics, English/language arts, and elementary science to complement and support the integration of the Utah Core Standards and to ensure that all Utah students are college and career ready.
The Core Academy for summer 2013 will include the following content areas:
• Elementary Mathematics (grade bands K-1, 2-3, 4-5, and 6)
• Secondary Mathematics (grade bands 7-8, Secondary I-II, and Secondary III)
• Elementary English/Language Arts (grade bands K-1, 2-3, 4-5)
• Secondary English/Language Arts (grade bands 7-8, 9-10, 11-12)
• Elementary Science (grade bands 3-4 and 5-6)
The Core Academy will also continue providing information and professional development for site and district administrators on Wednesday of each week at each site.
Directions for registering in Core Academy:
1) Go to http://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/
2) Login to OnTrack:
Password: CACTUS ID Number (What is my CACTUS ID Number?)
3) On the OnTrack homepage (after you have logged in), select the Yellow tab, Professional Learning
4) To register for any of the Core Academy courses, search the course title Core Academy
5) When the search results return, select the blue course title for the course you want to attend (Subject and Grade Level)
6) On the next screen, select the Register button next to the location/date that you would like to attend
7) On the next screen, select the Next button which will complete the registration process
8) You will receive a registration email to the email address that you have listed in OnTrack.
How do I change my email address in OnTrack? At the top of the page there is a Sign Out button and also a My Profile button. Click the My Profile button and then the Edit button on the next page. You may change or update your password, e-mail address, demographics, and locations from this page.
OnTrack User Help Page: http://schools.utah.gov/cert/Professional-Development/OnTrack.aspx
Daily Schedule (All sites)
Full location and registration information for district leaders
2013 Core Academy Sites (addresses & directions)
Click here to go to the Utah State Office of Education (USOE) Core Standards.
Application for on site Support Staff