Online Driver Education
Utah is one of the first states to provide a program from state legislature for public school driver education. Utah also has legislation for a Graduated Driver License to help young drivers make a safe and smooth transition into the highway community. The standards for public school driver education are demanding and provide a foundation to becoming an attentive responsible driver.
Online learning allows us to bring educational opportunities to you. This type of learning is especially beneficial to students who live far away from campus, have busy work schedules, family demands, and other commitments.
Salt Lake City
Course registration begins on October 3, 2013.
How It Works
Students taking the Online Driver Education Course are taught using a combination of instructional strategies. The curriculum includes videos, activities, writing, and other techniques that are created to prepare students for not only quizzes and tests, but to apply knowledge to the Behind the Wheel.
Online learning is not for everyone. Only you can make the right decision for yourself. Please use the following tools to help you identify the chances of having a successful online learning experience.
- You must be familiar with and have access to email and Internet
- You need to be highly motivated to complete the class in a timely manner
- You will communicate with the instructor when questions and/or concerns arise
- You need to be an independent learner
- You will be responsible for acquiring a learners permit
- You will communicate with home high school to begin Behind the Wheel portion of you license
- You will enroll in a course linked to your home district